Hopefully you are old enough to remember‘Yes Minister.’Does government really work like that? If it does, you really need a sense of humour to examine not only its workings but also its nonworkings. That is exactly what’ If Only Politicians Had Brains’ does , examine government workings with a sense of humour.
Ten years ago BSE was going to destroy mankind (if mankind ate beef ). So far less than 150 people have died – over a twelve year period.
‘If Only Politicians Had Brains ’takes an, often times , humorous look– with serious intents– at the politically manufactured creations designed to divert public attention away from the real issues. Why do so many people“ fall for “the smoke and mirrors trap that makes“ Hustle ” the successful programme that it is?
TerenceO?Halloran has a thirty (plus) year experience of dealing with government through British Chambers of Commerce and the Federation of Small Businesses at local and central government level . This is a chance to share his insight into the real “ smoke and mirror ” minds of a group of people that will do anything to prove that they, and only they ,know how they should run your life..
money ; money and trust ; money basics ; money behavior ; money debt relief wealth personal finance group financial independence debt elimination ; money habits ; money making ; money making ideas ; money management ; moneysavingtips ; philosophy aliens serious hilarious future robots time travel supernatural faith religion behaviour politics education esp ; philosophy and learning ; philosophy and religion ; philosophy consciousness awareness self help free thinker religion theism atheism hierarchy ego metaphoricallygod contrarion wisdom debate power of suggestion critical thinking ; philosophy facebook social networks internet cloning science ; philosophy now ; philosophy on men ; philosophynow ; philosophyoflife ; philosophy thinking concept buddhism life lessons contentment happiness experience biker home lessun employment ; philosphy
Author Biography: 'Writer of a number of books about the financial sector as well as the notorious “If Only Politicians Had Brains”. He was President of the Lincoln Chamber of Commerce, National Pension spokesman for the Federation of Small Business 19742005, and has worked for thirty-five years at the highest levels within financial services while dealing with people and their problems on a daily basis.
Coauthor of a major report in 1977 for the National Federation of the Self Employed regarding the injustice of the Class IV National Insurance tax on the self-employed, which resulted in winning a case in the court in Strasbourg against the UK government along with a successful case against the Consumers’ Association for inaccurate commentary.
“Preserving businesses per se and their assets while making proper provision for families and co-owners is a very rewarding occupation when handled effectively. And it is part of the aim of this book to give people practical and informed opinion backed by real-life examples.”
The author has also served on the executive of the Life Insurance Association, ultimately becoming its Vice President. In addition, he has worked as a tutor, mentor, and examiner in the Chartered Insurance Institute, Institute of Financial Planning and the Life Insurance Association. He also works with ‘Young Enterprise’ as an adviser and judge to youngsters running their own businesses. Terence has worked with the Department of Work and Pensions, the SBS and the Cabinet Office on a variety of matters, as a member of the Federation of Small Businesses Policy and Taxation Committee.
Terence O'Halloran FCII, B.Sc. (Bus. Admin). Chartered Financial Planner:
“We must help each other whilst we are here.”
- Thought process(p.navPoint-5)
- CHAPTER 1 : WOODEN HEADED POLITICS: A DESTRUCTIVE FORCE.(p.navPoint-6)
- CHAPTER 2 : A NEW BREED OF EXPERT – THE UNINFORMED(p.navPoint-7)
- CHAPTER 3 : THE MEDIA'S RESPONSIBILITY(p.navPoint-8)
- CHAPTER 4 : OWN GOALS ARE TOO COMMON(p.navPoint-9)
- CHAPTER 5 : A TRAFFIC CALMING EXPERIENCE(p.navPoint-10)
- CHAPTER 6 : CONGESTION AND ENVIRONMENTAL HAZARDS(p.navPoint-11)
- CHAPTER 7 : POLITICAL INSTANT REACTIONS(p.navPoint-12)
- CHAPTER 8 : PARK AND RIDE(p.navPoint-13)
- CHAPTER 9 : MEDIA HYPE – AN OVERREACTIVE FORCE(p.navPoint-14)
- CHAPTER 10 : SELECTIVE REPORTING(p.navPoint-15)
- CHAPTER 11 : A GREAT NATION UNDERMINED(p.navPoint-16)
- CHAPTER 12 : BANKS AND BIG BUSINESS(p.navPoint-17)
- CHAPTER 13 : IF THE FACTS ELUDE YOU – MAKE IT UP(p.navPoint-18)
- CHAPTER 14 : REFLECTIONS OF REALITY(p.navPoint-19)
- CHAPTER 15 : JOBS FOR "THE GIRLS"(p.navPoint-20)
- CHAPTER 16 : KEEPING UP APPEARANCES(p.navPoint-21)
- CHAPTER 17 : TALKING TO A BRICK WALL(p.navPoint-22)
- CHAPTER 18 : THE PROPAGANDA WAR(p.navPoint-23)
- CHAPTER 19 : WHAT DOES ONE DO?(p.navPoint-24)
- Other books by the same author:(p.navPoint-25)
- Mountains out of Molehills(p.navPoint-25)
- You Sign(p.navPoint-25)
- "Trusts" A Practical Guide(p.navPoint-25)
- 'Stakeholder Pensions' A Practical Guide(p.navPoint-25)
- FEES? - IT IS TIME TO GET REAL – INVEST FOR YOURSELF – GET 'FEE-PAC'™(p.navPoint-25)